THE BEETCH HOUSE IS OPEN AND WELCOMING GUESTS! WE ARE TAKING EXTRA CARE TO DISINFECT THE CABIN FOR OUR GUESTS’ SAFETY AND COMFORT.
The Beetch House is a cozy 900 s.f. strawbale home set in the beautiful foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountains in Crestone, Colorado. Come rest and relax with us in a private, serene setting! Please note, this is not a party house! No hunters please.
- 1 or 2 people $125.00 incl. tax per night, (additional people $10.00 per person per night), plus a one-time cleaning fee of $75.00 will be added to each booking.
- House sleeps 4 people. Loft bedroom has 1 king bed and 2 twins altogether in one open space. Two shoji screens available to divide loft visually. There’s also a high-end 8″ thick foam futon couch/bed (full size) in the living room on the ground floor. Bathroom is on the ground floor.
- Babies and toddlers who sleep with their parents and don’t need their own bed are free. A Pack and Play is available, as is a high chair.
- Two nights minimum stay and 14 night maximum stay. Longer stays may be possible; contact host thru info below.
- . Deposit required of 50%, which is refundable up to 14 days before arrival. Checks and cash accepted. Credit cards accepted only through PayPal and only if guest covers the extra 3% fee. Checks to be made out to Kai Beetch and mailed to PO Box 388, Crestone, CO, 81131. Balance due upon arrival. After arrival, if guest decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refundable. Guests who delay their arrival by a day or more must give 14 days notice or be charged for unused booked nights. If guest cancels their reservation less than 14 days before arrival date, lost deposit from original reservation may not be used towards a new reservation. Please note: These terms apply only to bookings of 14 nights or less. Contact host for terms for longer stays. Contact info is below.
- No smoking or incense, no pets, no drugs. Please read complete House Rules/Safety Info below. Check-in 2 PM-7PM, check-out by 11AM.
- Scroll down to find contact information for your host below under directions .
Ground level includes full kitchen, dining room, living room with 8″ thick futon fold-out couch (full size bed), bath with tub and shower, electric ETS heat. Loft bedroom has 1 king bed and 2 twins in one open space. Loft bedroom has 40.5″ tall half-wall on one side. Two shoji screens available to divide loft visually. Home sleeps 4. Please note: bath is on the ground level and 3 beds are up in the loft. Also, there is a futon couch/bed in the living room on the ground level.
Wi Fi, TV (8 channels from roof-top antennae) and DVD player, washing machine and indoor and outdoor clotheslines, sundeck with views, smoke free and pet free, straw bale construction= energy efficiency and solitude, 8 minutes drive to town, artesian well water, all cotton sheets, tourist info, toys and board games, gas grill, fully stocked kitchen with pots/ pans/ dishes/ microwave/ toaster oven/ propane range/ blender/ coffee maker and grinder etc., iron and ironing board, ETS electric heat.
Many local spiritual centers, Great Sand Dunes National Park and Zapata Falls, hiking and camping beneath 14,000‘ peaks, horseback riding, hot springs, body work and yoga, alternative building mecca of Crestone.
June and July Mosquitos: The Crestone area typically has mosquitos in June and July. However, if the winter snowpack is very low, they may not show up at all. It’s getting harder to predict Crestone mosquitos due to climate change, so keep in mind the cancellation policy parameters. Guests are advised to come prepared with long-sleeves, long pants, hats, and repellent.
Directions from Moffat, Colorado on Highway 17:
I look forward to hosting you! My address is 1619 Wagon Wheel Road, zip code 81131, Crestone.
Local Weather Info: www.keno.org
Colorado Road Conditions: www.cotrip.org, or app called CDOT, or dial 511 on any phone
Plan on arriving between 2PM and 7PM on your arrival day. (Late night arrivals can be accommodated with prior arrangements.) Try to arrive before dark as we have no street lights and it’s easy to get lost. Also, try not to rely on GPSs since they’re often not reliable in the area. Best to rely on these directions. I live next door and will come over as soon as I’m able for a short house orientation. PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED AS TO YOUR ARRIVAL TIME.
Turn East off Hwy 17 onto Road T and drive 12 miles until you see the white Baca Grand entrance signs on the right. Turn right at these signs and drive 2 miles to Camino Real, (just past Willow Creek). Turn right on Camino Real and drive downhill .8 of a mile to Wagon Wheel Road. Turn left (or South) on Wagon Wheel Road and look for the second houses on the left. Our address is 1619 and we are 2 gray houses visible from the road, just past Lost Cave Way. A Beetch House sign and double red reflectors are at the driveway entrance. (SEE MAP BELOW)
You will be staying in the house on the left.
Contact Info for Your Hostess Kai Beetch:
Mailing address: PO Box 388, Crestone, CO, 81131
UPS and FedEx only: 1619 Wagon Wheel Road, Crestone, CO, 81131
Local Weather Info: www. keno’s weather.com
CO Road Conditions: www.CDOT.org
BEETCH HOUSE RULES and SAFETY INFO:
1. Remove shoes inside doors.
2. No cigarette or pot smoking/vaporizing or ingesting of pot edibles/tinctures allowed on the premises. NO drugs allowed. NO incense. NO candles. (Electric candles are provided.) Only cigarette smoking is allowed outside and must be at least 25 feet from the cabin. Butts must be disposed of in a water bottle with water in it. Fire is always a danger in our high mountain desert.
No campfires, outdoor burning, or fireworks.
3. Guests are asked to respect the house and the quiet neighborhood during their stay. Quiet hours are from 9PM to 8AM. No loud parties. THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE. Keep your music volume at a level that cannot be heard by your host or her neighbors.
4. No pets. No dogs. No animals. No emotional support animals. I host several repeat guests every year who have deadly allergies to dog, cat, and pet dander. These guests count on me to keep the cabin free of pet dander.
5. Well-behaved kids are welcome. There are toys, board games, and books for kids of all ages in the cabin.
Attention parents traveling with kids: the loft bedroom has a 40.5″ tall half-wall on one side. Kids are not allowed to climb on this half-wall since they could fall 12′ to the ground floor below. Feel free to place a shoji screen between the twin bed and the half-wall.
6. Please wash all dishes, pots, silverware, etc. used. Non-stick skillets instructions: Use only plastic utensils on all skillets. Please don’t use metal utensils or sharp knives since these will damage the non-stick surface. Move your food to a cutting board or plate to cut it up.
7. No new unapproved overnight guests allowed.
8. Please close all windows upstairs and downstairs, and doors, every time you leave the cabin, day or night. The weather changes quickly and often in Crestone.
9. BEARS: During BEAR season (mid March to late Nov.), close and lock all ground floor windows and doors when it gets dark and leave closed all night. Second floor loft bedroom windows may be left open at night ONLY IF YOU’RE IN THE CABIN. This is in case of weather changes. See #8. Remove all food, food wrappers, lotion, and lip balm from your car and lock it at night. THESE PRECAUTIONS ARE IMPORTANT!
10. MOSQUITOS: JUNE, JULY, AND AUGUST GUESTS- PLEASE NOTE: The Crestone area typically has mosquitos in June, July, and sometimes August. If the winter snowpack is low they may not show up at all. It’s getting harder to predict Crestone mosquitos due to climate change, so keep in mind the cancellation policy parameters. Repellent is provided in the cabin and guests are advised to bring long-sleeved shirts, long pants, hats, and repellent.
11. WOOD STOVE: You may use the wood stove ONLY IF you have experience with them and are sober and drug free. It is not a toy. Read the entire wood stove instruction sheet, found in the kindling basket. Clean up ash/wood chips on floor, bricks, and surrounding area after you’re done. The wood stove is not necessary to heat the cabin as there is an electric ETS heater.
12. Please do not move the king bed.
13. Do not bring bikes, skis, poles, or guns/firearms into the cabin.
14. GUESTS WHO VISIT THE SAND DUNES: When you return to the cabin, first stop and stay outside on the deck and empty sand from your shoes, clothes, pockets, and packs. Shake out clothes outside. Leave as much sand outside as possible before entering cabin.
15. TIPS FOR GUESTS WHO WOULD LIKE TO SAVE ENERGY: The best time to use hot water for showers and laundry is from 10PM to 5PM the next day. Or better yet, use cold water for laundry. Also, turn off lights and heat when no longer needed.
16. Hot water: The hot water heater has 40 gallons in it. You’ll get approx. 3 short, consecutive showers from it before it needs to reheat. It takes an hour to reheat.
17. Caution: The outdoor front deck is slippery when wet or snow covered.
18. The Wifi is on a timer and is typically on from 7AM-10PM. Please let me know before 7PM if you’d like longer hours as these can be accommodated. You will be given the password.
19. No hunters please. Also, no guns or firearms allowed in the cabin.
20. ALTITUDE SICKNESS: The elevation of Crestone is 8,000′. In order to avoid altitude sickness, try to drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Alcoholic beverates don’t count since they actually cause dehydration. Altitude sickness symtoms include headache, tiredness, shortness of breath, nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness, and fever.
21. On departure day strip bed sheets and leave dirty sheets and towels on the wash machine. See “Departure Day Info” sheet for complete instructions.